Eyespot Adds Features to Video Personalization Suite
New Mobile and Broadcasting Capabilities Go Live as Personalization Grows in Popularity
San Diego, CA (February 20, 2008) – Eyespot (www.eyespot.com) has unveiled significant new features for its Personalization Suite, a toolset that lets users mix, edit, upload and broadcast video content. For the first time, people can instantly and automatically send content they’ve personalized to any mobile phone or Web site with one click of the mouse. The new feature set is free for consumers and comes as more Web users want to create, personalize, and share videos online. December 2007 marked a record month for online video: comScore found that during that time, more than 76 percent of U.S. Internet users watched video online.
“The Suite’s new features allow people to simultaneously be producers, creative directors, editors and distributors for their personal video content,” said Jim Kaskade, President and CEO of Eyespot. “We’ve seen first-hand that once people make customized videos, mixes, and slideshows that they want to send them to their friends and family. We’re giving any consumer new ways to unleash their creativity and to share the results with others.”
Eyespot.com is a fast-growing destination for those who want access to a vast library of rights-cleared content such as blockbuster movies and hit music videos, as well as the ability to upload and incorporate their own videos, music, photos and special effects. Eyespot’s technology is also deployed by leading publishers in film, music, sports, broadcast TV, and online social networks including Lucasfilm, Ltd., SonyBMG Entertainment, Fox Interactive Media, and IAC. Eyespot’s Personalization Suite is a free, browser-based toolset that gives everyone the ability to express themselves with online videos, photos and music. New and enhanced features include:
-A new video studio that allows Eyespot users to take even more control of personalizing content,
– Editing anywhere with built-in editing features in the video player that enable personalization anywhere the content is being viewed,
– Mobile community applications that be easily downloaded onto mobile phones and used to upload, search, retrieve, subscribe to channels of content and much more,
– Mobile distribution that allows Eyespot users to instantly send content they create or discover to any mobile phone, directly from the video player no matter where it is being viewed,
– Broadcasting capabilities that let consumers automatically push new content to social networks, video blogs, user galleries, video contests, and groups of subscribing friends via online and mobile,
– Social networking widgets that allow users to easily post personalized video to other sites,
– Expanded libraries of more than 500,000 rights-cleared movie, television and music clips in a newly launched mixable portal, enabling consumers to combine their favorite professional content with their own material.
“Personalization provides a powerful opportunity for consumers to interact with brands,” said Marcus Peterzell, Managing Director at GMR Entertainment, an Omnicom Group company. “Our entertainment clients are always looking for engagement platforms and we feel the Eyespot-powered video and personalization tools along with the new capabilities will make it even easier for consumers to share what they create – a big win for everyone.”
Eyespot provides Web-based applications and media libraries that consumers use to personalize and virally distribute ad-supported video content, both on the Eyespot.com Web site and through a network of partner publishers that deploy the Eyespot technology on their websites. The Eyespot Personalization Suite features drag-and-drop video editing tools, mobile and broadband distribution capabilities, and access to a library of over 500,000 rights-cleared videos, photos, and music. Eyespot is a trusted partner to a network of more than 4,000 leading publishers in the music, film, broadcast TV, sports, and social networking sectors.