Jim is CEO of Infochimps, the leading Cloud for Big Data. The Infochimps Cloud is a scalable solution for building and managing complex Big Data environments and is recognized as the fastest way to deploy big data applications.
Prior to Infochimps, Jim was an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at PARC, a Xerox company, where he established PARC’s Big Data program. His work helped PARC understand how to best integrate its in-memory data processing technologies and high-performance data graph analytics to the burgeoning online services ecosystem, with a focus on predictive analytics for the retail sector. Jim also helped build PARC’s Private Cloud platform.
Jim also served as the SVP, General Manager and Chief of Cloud at SIOS Technology. He was responsible for the company’s global cloud strategy and their developments specifically in the are of private cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service.
Jim has over ten years of experience as an serial entrepreneur, leading startups as CEO ranging from cloud computing to online digital media and advertising to semiconductor technologies, from their founding to acquisition.
Jim has another ten years of experience in enterprise data warehousing, analytical applications, and business intelligence services designed to maximize the intrinsic value of data, servicing fortune 1000 companies in telecom, retail, and financial markets.
Jim has managed all facets of the new product development process from product concept to discontinuation; Led initiatives for technology acquisition, in/out licensing, as well as OEM, reseller, and referral agreements; Established several engineering joint developments and managed associated cross-functional and global teams.
Jim’s domain expertise includes:
• Big Data
• Datacenter Virtualization / Cloud Computing
• Software As A Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• In-video/in-stream advertising
• Online video publishing and syndication
• Social Networking
• Social Media
• Mobile Video
• Web 2.0 Applications
• Data Warehousing
• Business Intelligence / Analytics
• Data Mining
• Relational Database Technologies
• Fabless Semiconductor & Packaging
• High Speed Interconnects / Switched Fabric
Jim’s areas of specialty include:
• Building and leading venture-backed technology startups
• Managing new business development processes
• Initiating & managing strategic partnerships
• Leading technology licensing
• Spearheading technology & company acquisitions
• Performing in-depth market & competitive research
• Creating strategy, goals, and executing against plan
• Producing ROI business justifications
• Raising venture capital
• Leading M&A transactions
A few places where you can find Jim:
- Check out my about.me profile!
- AIM: jimhkaskade
- skype: jimkaskade
- google voice: 415-938-7891